Friday, July 10, 2009

For Starters


For Starters: I will be building the Fencl from Tumbleweed Houses.


House width: 8′ Porch: 2 ½’ x 2 ½’
House length: 19′ Main Room: 7 ½’ x 6 ½’
Trailer Size: What's this? 7′ x 18′ Kitchen: 6′ x 4′
Road Height: 13′ 5″ Bathroom: 6′ x 3′
Dry Weight: What's this? 5700 lbs Ceiling height: 6′ 3″
all measurements are approximate Loft height: 3′ 8″
I have no construction background so if your wondering if i am a master at this already the answer is no. I will be doing this with friends and family and will be relying on books from the library (will have a list posted), the $995.00 blueprints/ Fencl Plans from Tumbleweed Houses and a Tiny House workshop with Jay Shafer this Saturday.

This Saturday i will be attending the Tiny house Workshop in Indianapolis IN. I hope to get most of my questions answered then. When i return on Saturday night i should have a good idea of what I'll need and some of the common questions from the newbie builders like me.

I will be going to the library tomorrow to check out some basic construction books on framing, plumbing, and electrical. Part of my added plans will be to add solar panels to the home to power my appliances and electronics, plus a wind turbine and possibly a solar water heater depending on costs, time, and knowledge. I will post more on this later...

Some Building resources recommended by Tumbleweed House Company: Building Resources
(i'll let you know if i use any of these or if any of these are helpful to the process.)

1 comment: